Lots of people had no idea who Dakota Johnson was before her breakout role in Fifty Shades of Grey. In fact, even to this day most people don’t really know much about her. For instance, did you know Dakota was born in Austin, Texas? Did you know both of her parents (Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith) are successful movie stars that you’ve probably seen in other films before? She’s actually a pretty amazing woman and has been around for several years. Listed below are 20 other fun and interesting facts about the gorgeous model and actress!
1. She danced for 12 years, performing in ballets like The Nutcracker.
2. She was born on October 4, 1989.
3. She has six siblings. On her mom’s side, Stella Banderas and Alexander Bauer, and on her father’s side, Jesse, Deacon, Jasper and Grace Johnson.
4. Her grandmother is screen legend and Hitchcock favorite Tippi Hedren whose performance in “The Birds” made her a mega-star.
5. She began modelling at age 12 and appeared on the cover of Teen Vogue, plus others.
6. You might also recognize her from ‘The Social Network’, where she played Justin Timberlake’s university bed-buddy.
7. In The Five-Year Engagement, she played the nymphomaniac girlfriend of Jason Segel.
8. She also made a cameo appearance in the finale of The American Office.
9. Her friends include Paris Hilton and Mary-Kate Olsen.
10. She is signed to the IMG modelling agency and was the face (and body) of Mango Jeans
11. Her favorite song from Fifty Shades of Grey is “Beast of Burden” by The Rolling Stones.
12. Her stepfather is Antonio Banderas.
13. Her favorite book is the 1955 novel, Lolita, by Vladimir Nabokov.
14. Her favorite color is orange.
15. Three things she always carries in her purse: keys, chap-stick, and candy.
16. Her full name is Dakota Mayi Johnson.
Feel like you know Dakota a little better now? Her movie career is just now starting to take off, so expect to see her beautiful face in even more upcoming movies that will be hitting theaters!